Ground Beef Stuffed Tomato
A very filling (and healthy) take on the stuffed pepper. Instead of a pepper and breadcrumbs we're using a tomato and beef!
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 lbs ground beef (90/10 preferred)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- Put on brown rice to cook while prepping the rest of the goods.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Hallow out tomatoes by slicing a circle around the top and then use a spoon to scoop out the insides.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet with olive oil. You don't have to cook it all the way through, just brown it a bit. (We're going to be stuffing the tomatoes and putting them in the oven so the beef will cook more later on)
- Stuff tomatoes with ground beef and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Sauté sliced mushrooms with seasonings of your liking and olive oil.
- Remove tomatoes from oven and plate on top of brown rice and mushrooms.